Wednesday 14 February 2024

Women who Love HP's

 
I'd like to use this year's Valentine's Day to pay homage to a very special kind of woman. Women who love hospital porters. This is not my own partner; I don't have one at the moment. I did once and she was also that special kind of woman, naturally. What is so special about loving hospital porters? After all, are we not loveable? Of course we are, but we're not supposed to be. We live in a culture where relationships have been reduced to a disposable consumer product as much as everything else. The average endurance of a romantic partnership, should you be lucky enough to find one at all, is far shorter than it used to be. Convention demands that when we encounter a suitor we assess him or her as we would any other product; what can this man or woman do for me on a practical level instead of what personal qualities it is about him or her that we admire? The practical assessment includes the social status one achieves, how you measure up to others in the great hierarchy of life. This can involve a "trophy wife/husband". To fall in love with somebody of low social status means sticking two fingers up to convention and saying: "I love this man/woman!" despite conformist pressure. Septimius Severus once said: "Most men would rather face an army than the scorn of their peers." But for women you could multiply the armies by a hundred because most women find it harder to resist peer pressure than most men. They have to put up with their friends and neighbours frowning at them and muttering: "You'd think she could find a bloke with a better job!" Other men will come up to her and say things like: "What do you see in him!? He's a loser! I could give you so much more..." The amount of moral courage necessary to stand in the face of all that is incalculable. To stand and say: "I don't care! He's a great man for many reasons. And you mention his job; well he's doing one of the most important jobs in the entire world. I'm proud of him for that!" I won't be sharing this post on social media like I normally do; I'll leave it here only for dedicated HPWA readers. One reason, I must admit, is that several names come to mind when I think of these special women and I don't want to embarrass them if they recognize themselves. One had a husband who was a famous vampire hunter, as well as a HP. Another helps run a UFO group in the east of England. Her current husband is not a HP, but her first one was. I hope those two and all the other great ladies who love HP's have a wonderful Valentine's Day.
See here for more information: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2024/02/valentines-day-livestream.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment