Monday 11 December 2023

Wokies Hate HP's!

 
This is a topic I more normally cover on the other HPANWO sites, but in this case it is relevant to hospital portering. I've hesitated to tell this story before because I suppose I feel a little embarrassed about my own behaviour during this encounter. A few years ago, due to social circumstances I will not reveal, I found myself in a group of people in a cafe sitting opposite a woman who would today be called a "wokie", "wokeist" or "woke person". In those days that terminology didn't exist and her kinds of people were known as "SJW's- social justice warriors". It was immediately very obvious by her appearance and style of speech what her beliefs were and so I braced myself. Conversations with SJW's can only go in one direction. When the usual subject of professions came up I said: "I'm a hospital porter". (Of course, I was technically an ex-hospital porter, but I tend not to divulge that part to strangers; it requires too much explanation.) When I told her this I saw her flinch and look away, as I expected. She was already being very frosty with me because I'm a white male and had not yet made the usual mandatory virtue signalling noises, but to know that I'm a working class white male deepened her antipathy even further. There's a common myth that snobbery is something the upper classes feel for the lower classes; the lord of the manor for his butler. This is false. Firstly, there is such a thing as inverted snobbery, in which the lower classes hate those above them; but that is too big a subject to explore in detail here. However, the worst and most common kind of snobbery is experienced by the working class, but it doesn't come from the top; it comes from the middle. Leftwing middle class people are the ones who really hate the working class; or to be precise, the white working class. During this conversation I was aware that I had to watch my words very carefully so as to prevent her locating the entry point she was desperately searching for, but it didn't work. Eventually and inevitably she found the excuse to say to me: "Yes, but you're a privileged white male!" I groaned inwardly. There are so many responses to that chestnut. What she was hoping for was for me to wince and bow my head with shame as the white male guilt washed over me and memories of slavery, rape and the Holocaust passed through my self-hating soul. Alternatively I could retort and try to justify my existence, allowing her to dismiss my concerns as "white fragility!" I could also have brought up false rape allegations, diversity hiring, South African farm murders etc; which she would have discarded with the same scorn and lack of compassion. I could explain how absurd it was for her to think I had any privilege when she was manifestly much wealthier than I was; but she would say: "but I'm a 'Woman!' which means I'm a victim of sexism which you are not!". Alternatively I could remain silent or say "no comment" which is probably the best defence when dealing with people like her. Despite this, my diplomacy armour failed at that point and I chose to wind her up.
 
This was not something I planned; it just occurred to me spontaneously. "So," I began. "What do you mean by 'white male privilege'? Are you saying that my demographic enjoys a higher standard of living because our exploitation of women and non-white people?"
    "Yes!" she hissed with a glare.
    "Then why would I want it to end?"
    She gasped. "What!?"
    I repeated my question, but she was speechless. I continued: "In an equitable world, white males would have to get in line with everybody else. We would no longer experience the life of luxury we currently do. So, why would I want an equitable world? I enjoy my pampered existence."
    My interlocutor was dumbfounded. Her face was a portrait! Just like "Miss Stuck Up Little Bitch Nurse" when I strike back at her with a well delivered Dignity Statement. She was not used to this response. Of course wokies always accuse white men of secretly wanting white male privilege to continue for the reasons I stated, no matter how much they protest; but they are accustomed only to dealing with white males who "try to deny it!" What she couldn't cope with was a white male who openly admits it and is unapologetic.
    I can't quite remember the next few exchanges verbatim, but it was along the lines of her saying that white male privilege was immoral and it made other people suffer, and me replying with comments supporting moral nihilism and social Darwinism. Finally she stood up and stormed off with the words: "You are truly evil scum!"
    I chuckled and yelled after her: "Yeah, winners tend to be!"
    I felt ashamed of myself. Those who know me will realize straight away that I didn't actually mean what I said to her, for example see: https://hpanwo-tv.blogspot.com/2020/11/nice-guys-reply-to-stefan-molyneux.html. The thing is, I find people like her exhausting and infuriating. I avoid their company whenever possible, which luckily is almost all the time in my personal social circles. I know for a fact that had I tried to be honest and reasonable with her she would not have returned my good faith, a bit like this other example: https://hpanwo-voice.blogspot.com/2023/07/payback.html. Get used to the fact that I'm not a saint and I have my limits.
See here for more background: http://hpanwo.blogspot.com/2021/08/political-correctness-portal.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment