Saturday 8 October 2022

Barry Dies

 
I'm very sorry to report that my wonderful friend Barry Blake-Cox has died. I met Barry when I first started at the hospital. He was a telephonist who later became telephone monitoring officer. He went on to be an X-ray records clerk before leaving the NHS. He was definitely the civilian I was closest to and when he left the hospital we remained in touch. He died in April last year at the age of seventy-two. When I joined the Hospital Portering Service, it's no exaggeration to say he kind of adopted me. He was a much older man who became a father figure to me. We drifted apart in the last decade of his life, mostly due to the other relationships he had. Despite this I always held him in the deepest of affection. Rest in Peace, Barry. Hope to see you again some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment